To make this process easier, here is the board approved letter that you can take to the hotel(s) of your choice. Word document / PDF
Many ask what they need to do to submit a proposal for the National Specialty to be held in their area. Any local club, individual, or group of individuals can submit a proposal for a hotel in their area to have the National Specialty. The proposal needs to be submitted to the Show Events Committee (SEC) for consideration to be presented to the board for final approval.The following is what you would need to send to the Hotel you want to recommend to the HCA as a show site, so they can provide a proposal for consideration.
- HOTEL WITH AT LEAST 300 ROOMS
- WE GENERALLY BLOCK 150 ROOMS/NIGHT
- THE SPECIALTY RUNS FROM TUESDAY ARRIVAL TO SUNDAY DEPARTURE
- BALLROOM MINIMUM REQUIREMENT IS 10,000 SQUARE FEET (DOES NOT INCLUDE GROOMING SPACE)
- GROOMING ROOM SHOULD BE 3,000 TO 6,000 SQUARE FEET AND BE ADJACENT TO THE BALLROOM
- SEMINAR ROOMS SHOULD BE 2,000 SQUARE FEET OR MORE DEPENDING ON WHAT THE SEMINAR WILL BE
- HOSPITALITY ROOM SHOULD BE CLOSE TO THE BALLROOM WHERE THE SHOW WILL BE HELD
- BUFFET AND BANQUET SHOULD BE IN A ROOM THAT IS 6,000 SQUARE FEET OR MORE
- OUTSIDE GRASS AREA FOR EXERCISE AND POTTY
- RV PARKING WOULD BE AN ADDED PLUS
- IT IS PREFERRED THAT THE NATIONAL BE HELD BETWEEN THE LAST WEEK OF JUNE AND THE SECOND WEEK OF AUGUST; HOWEVER SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER ARE ALSO MONTHS THAT OUR MEMBERSHIP FAVORED BASED ON A POLL TAKEN IN 2011
- GENERALLY WE DON’T PAY FOR THE SEMINAR ROOMS, AS THEY ARE PROVIDED AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE BASED ON THE REVENUES FROM OUR ROOM BLOCK AND MEALS
- HOTEL SHOULD BE REASONABLY ACCESSIBLE FROM A MAJOR AIRPORT.
Hotel Contract Proposal
(What needs to be submitted to the Secretary)
- A SHORT CONTRACT OUTLINE, (NOT A CONTRACT) SUBMITTED BY THE HOTEL SALES STAFF. THIS WOULD PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Room block rates
- Available dates
- Conference space footage
- Ballroom footage
- Airport access/shuttle service
- Required meal revenues
- Floor plan
- A BRIEF EXPLANATION EXPLAINING WHY WE SHOULD HAVE THE NATIONAL IN YOUR AREA.
- SUGGESTED NAME OF AN HCA MEMBER WHO SHOULD BE CONSIDERED BY THE BOARD TO BE THE NATIONAL SHOW CHAIRPERSON.
IT TAKES A LOT OF PEOPLE TO RUN THE NATIONAL SPECIALTY. PLEASE THINK ABOUT VOLUNTEERING TO HELP RUN THE NATIONAL. THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF MINIMUM PERSONNEL IT TAKES TO GET THE EVENT UP AND RUNNING SUCCESSFULLY. YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE AN HCA MEMBER TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP WITH THE NATIONAL. YOU ALSO DON’T HAVE TO LIVE IN THE AREA WHERE THE NATIONAL IS BEING HELD.
- SHOW CHAIR
- ASSISTANT SHOW CHAIRS (2 PREFERRED)
- GROUNDS PERSON
- TROPHY CHAIRPERSON
- AUCTION CHAIRPERSON
- JUDGES HOSPITALITY
- BUFFET/BANQUET CHAIRPERSON
- GOODY BAG PERSON
- GENERAL LABOR
- MERCHANDISE PERSON
- PERFORMANCE COMMITTEE (AGILITY, OBEDIENCE, RALLY)
- RV PARKING PERSON